C. David Seuss, Chief Executive OfficerDavid joined Northern Light in July of 1996, as employee number 18. He describes that time period as when “there were 17 engineers and me in a basement.” Several years later, it was David who led an employee group in purchasing Northern Light from its corporate parent in 2003. Under David’s leadership, Northern Light has been called “a professional researchers dream” by Forbes magazine, and has won many industry awards for outstanding products. To name just a few of these:
- “Top 100 Companies That Matter In Knowledge Management” – KMWorld magazine
- “Web Business Award for Online Excellence” – CIO magazine
- “Professional researcher’s dream” — Forbes
- Cofounder and CEO of Spinnaker Software, which he led from inception to NASDAQ-listed public company (He prefers to enumerate his three years as the CEO of a public company as “12 quarters”)
- Consultant and manager for the Boston Consulting Group, running teams working with global companies on issues of corporate strategy
- Cofounder and Principal Vannevar Management, which provided merger and acquisition consulting and financing assistance to high technology ventures
- Engineer for Olin Corporation in the chemical industry
David spends his after hours as an internationally-competitive saber fencer. He the U.S. National Championship in his fencing age category in 2011 and 2013, is a member of the U.S. World Championship Fencing Team, and won the World Championship (earning the Gold Medal) in 2013.
David is also a professional-level race car driver (he has 25 years of car racing experience), and as of October 2013 is leading the Trans Am Global GT Championship racing series in his Porsche 911 racecar.
David is also an amateur musician. You can hear some of his music at myspace/davidseussmusic One of his compositions is, naturally, Northern Light, which was partly inspired by our namesake, the clipper ship Northern Light, and partly by our company. As he says, “I tried to write a piece that suggests both the high technology of a clipper ship and the lovely elegance of a search engine.” Click here to listen to David’s Northern Light.
Speaking engagements: David is an accomplished speaker on the topics of market intelligence, strategic research portals, business research content and search technology as well as managing and extracting maximum value from licensed market research across an enterprise. Email Sheri Larsen to book David for your next meeting or event.