Connects Web 2.0-Style Collaboration
One significant advantage of putting the collaboration solution directly into the strategic research portal itself is that the document access rights can still be enforced since the inglePoint portal systems for managing this process will be active. If documents are taken out of the portal to an external collaboration environment that does not know who can and cannot see which documents, all ability to enforce business rules around document access is lost.
SinglePoint includes a series of Web 2.0 social computing and collaboration features in our SinglePoint Connects™ feature set including:
- Bookmarking and tagging of reports and documents that are sharable and observable on results lists, document summaries, and user profiles. Bookmarking makes documents easily findable later.
- Sharing of research content with collegues and groups by the mechanism of sharing of bookmarks (which automatically generates a link and email alert for the person or group members the sharing is done for). This levers the expertise and efforts of users across his or her whole workgroup.
- Identification of internal experts and collaboration partners through the mechanism of shared tags.
- Tag clouds of most popular search terms and bookmark tags to see what other users are searching on and saving.
- Automatic query completion based on portal users search terms to see how other users researched this topic.
- Report popularity ratings to identify which reports and documents are being read the most by which users.
- User created and managed groups with shared bookmarks, headlines, messaging and threaded discussion areas for teams researching related areas.
- Public user profiles with profile pictures to facilitate networking among portal users for sharing documents and setting up research groups.
- “Email this page” system allows users to email links to documents of interest with commentary to other portal users.
- Wiki platform for internal knowledge sharing.