Northern Light SinglePoint was designed to live in the enterprise, which means it is a de facto good neighbor to the omni-present Microsoft SharePoint. We find SharePoint almost everywhere we go doing everything from internal communications, content management, information sharing, and resource collaboration, to business process management.
Northern Light captures, enhances, and maximizes the investments our clients have made in this platform – maximizing the potential of SharePoint without placing any incremental demands on our clients’ IT resources.
Some of the ways Northern Light and SharePoint work together:
- Northern Light can harvest SharePoint content for unified indexing and search of internal market research, third party licensed material, and web news – while leaving the documents in their original SharePoint libraries for document storage and retrieval.
- SharePoint is really good at shared document creation; Northern Light is really good at search of large repositories of market and technical intelligence content because our search engine is optimized for business research applications. Together they form a powerhouse of information and market intelligence content management across the enterprise.
- We support SharePoint’s federated search and can embed content from a client’s SinglePoint portal into SharePoint federated search results.
- We can easily embed topic-specific market research and news feeds and search throughout each client’s intranet using SharePoint’s RSS reader and SinglePoint’s RSS content distribution capability . Working with SinglePoint allows a client to add external market intelligence to a SharePoint installation.
- Northern Light supports single sign-on (SSO), integration with Active Directory, and harvests Access Control Lists to authenticate users for SharePoint content in SinglePoint portals – with granular access authorization down to the document level, whether the content comes from SharePoint or from external sources.
- Northern Light’s machine learning and analytics brings automated meaning extraction and market intelligence to otherwise isolated SharePoint assets.