Personalization and Collaboration
Northern Light’s experience shows that placing collaboration capabilities in the strategic research portal at the enterprise level drives utilization and knowledge sharing. Another significant advantage of putting a collaboration solution directly into the strategic market research portal itself is that the document access rights can be enforced by the SinglePoint portal.
SinglePoint includes a series of social computing and collaboration features including:
- Bookmarking and tagging of reports and documents that are sharable and observable on results lists, document summaries, and user profiles. Bookmarking makes documents easily findable later.
- Sharing of market research and competitive intelligence content with colleagues and groups by the mechanism of bookmarks which automatically generates a link and email alert for a person or group. This capability levers the expertise and efforts of users across a large workgroup, division, or audience.
- Identification of internal experts and collaboration partners through the mechanism of shared tags.
- Tag clouds of most popular search terms and bookmark tags to see what other users are searching on and saving.
- Automatic query completion based on portal users search terms to see how other users researched this topic.
- Report popularity ratings to identify which reports and documents are being read the most by which users.
- User created and managed groups with shared bookmarks, headlines, messaging and threaded discussion areas for teams researching related areas.
- Public user profiles with profile pictures to facilitate networking among portal users for sharing documents and setting up research groups.
- “Email this page” system allows users to email links to documents of interest with commentary to other portal users.
- Wiki platform for internal knowledge sharing is especially useful in conveying competitive intelligence quickly, as well as market research results, and market intelligence reports..